Tuesday 15 June 2010

thank you will

Thank you Will, for taking care of Daddy. For being there when he needed anything. Or just to know that someone was there for him, loved him, cared about him, was thinking about him. When he needed a friend.
You did all of this, Will. Sometimes you were the only one. You are a great son. Even when we were all against you, you still looked out for Daddy. When everyone else wrote him off, you wouldn't do it. I love you so much for that. I owe you so much for that. Because of you I know Daddy was taken care of.
At the time I thought you were so wrong but you were so right. No one ever gives you credit for doing what no one else would, what had to be at times a really hard thing to do. It's not one of those things people can say "Oh, anyone else in his shoes would have done the same." I was sort of in your shoes, and I wouldn't have done what you did for Daddy.
I really don't know how you did it. But I want to thank you and tell you that I admire you and respect you a lot for doing what I couldn't, wouldn't, and didn't.

4 comments:

  1. I miss you so much daddy. I love you with all my heart. I just wish you were here. William your son

    ReplyDelete
  2. today i was in an antique shop, in bisbee. in a damp basement, the old stuff smell lingered. you could tell this place was old, too. it was ricketey and wood and concrete. it had to be haunted.
    there was a magic 8 ball, an old one. (let me just pause to mention how dismal it is to see toys you played with as a child at an antique shop. are we that old?) of course i had to. i asked 'is my dad around, knowing i love him?', shook it a little and turned it over. 'without a doubt', it read.
    i know stuff like that is silly but for some reason it made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can just picture this.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. this morning it was hard to get up. people say it gets easier with time. im not so sure. more time without my dad? how does that make anything better?
    miss you daddy, in all your crazyness.

    ReplyDelete